Saturday, April 19, 2014

My Quoddy Excursion and Bass Pass Plus Announced

(Photoshop by Jeff W.)

The Passamaquoddy Tourism Board is pleased to announce the test launch of the My Quoddy Excursion website. My Quoddy Excursion is designed to be a one stop site that will allow guests to our area the opportunity to book lodging, dining reservations, harbor tours and so much more.
Visitors who book their stay through My Quoddy Excursion will receive our new Pirateybands. Pirateybands are your key to a relaxing and hassle free vacation. 

Q. How do I receive my Pirateyband?

A. Simply create a My Quoddy Excursion account and book a room at one of our fine resorts. Be sure to list the names and birth dates of each guest staying with you. From there kick back and allow our marketing department go to work for you. You will receive multiple emails, text messages and postcards that are designed to keep you informed and up to date on how to get the most out of My Quoddy Excursion. Thirty days prior to your visit your Pirateybands will arrive. 

Q. I’ve heard rumors that Bass Pass that will no longer be offered for Quoddy Area attractions.

A. The rumors are true but fear not. Pirateybands will allow guests to take advantage of the new and enhanced Bass Pass Plus system which is currently being tested. Bass Pass Plus reservations can be made for many attractions up to sixty days prior to your visit. 

 (Photo Credit Doc Terminus)

Q. I do not travel with a computer. How can I access My Quoddy Excursion while visiting?

A. Free Wi-Fi is available at Chum Shop Earth and the Country Crab Jamboree. Guests may access My Quoddy Excursion by using our mobile app on their smartphone or by using the guest services kiosk located in the City Hall lobby on the corner of Main St and Jim Backus Rd across from Sand Dollar Ella’s. 

Q. I’ve created a My Quoddy Excursion account but am not finding an option for creating Bass Pass+ reservations.

A. At this time only visitors who have a confirmed stay at one of our local inns or resorts will have an option for setting up Bass Pass Plus. If you have a confirmed stay and this option does not appear contact Passamaquoddy Tourism at 555-321-QUOD

Q. How many Bass Pass Plus reservations can I make?

A. Three reservations per person per night’s stay are allowed at this time.

Q. Rumors are that RFID tracking will be incorporated into Pirateybands. Is this true and what are you doing with the data.

A. Yes RFID is embedded into each Pirateyband. The data is used for… well truthfully I don’t know what it’s used for but I’m sure it’s for something important.

Q. Can I disable RFID tracking?

A. The RFID chip is used in conjunction with the Bass Pass Plus system. Tampering with the chip may prevent you from using this feature. 

Q. Come on, surely there is a way to temporarily block the RFID function.

A. Visit the Jentasmic! store next to City Hall, across from Sand Dollar Ella’s. Jennifer may have some creative suggestions for you.

That’s all for today folks. Keep those questions coming and we’ll do our best to keep you informed. 

Be sure to check out replays of the QuoddyToday Podcast on KWDY to learn more about Bass Pass Plus. Those guys seem to know more about what’s going on than many of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment