Thursday, August 13, 2009

Introduction

“What I told you is true, from a certain point of view”
Ben Kenobi to Luke Skywalker


Why do I quote a line from “The Empire Strikes Back” to begin your introduction to Passamaquoddy? I’m so glad you asked. You did ask didn’t you? I guess it all comes down to that fine line of truth that often exists between fact and fiction. This blog is intended to be a companion to Glenn Whelan’s Passamaquoddy.blog.com. If you are a fan of the Disney theme parks and have a good sense of humor, Glenn's blog is for you. When visiting Passamaquoddy, you will be treated to actual reviews on Disney topics such as dining, music, art, dining, movies, Broadway productions, attractions and of course my personal favorite dining.

You will also learn that Passamaquoddians are big Disney fans. So much so that they have themed most of the town around their own versions of the theme parks attractions and shows. The many attractions around town remain for the most part faithful in design to their Disney counter parts, however most have nautical themes.

Many local businesses capitalize on the use of Disney based names. Grumpy’s Gym and Sand Dollar Ella’s are just two such examples.

Be sure to stop by Passamaquoddy, we hope you'll enjoy your stay and come back often.


Fred.

To use this companion guide simply visit the categorized links in the left hand column. There you will find brief descriptions and direct links to the original Passamaquoddy posts.

And now before your tour begins here's a word from Glenn.

Since I was young, good Lord there’s one spot, One little bit of heaven on my tongue…

Why it’s…

Passamaquoddy.

No, I’ve never been to Maine. My only attachment to Passamaquoddy is it’s placement in Disney’s PETE’S DRAGON. That film holds a great spot in my childhood. Now, many years later, I still am a big fan of Disney: the movies, the company itself, the fans and of course, its theme parks.

With many of my friends showing their appreciation through blogs, websites, podcasts and books, I only thought it right that I do a bit of my own.

So, I will jot my thoughts when I find the time. I can’t guarantee the frequency, but hopefully, your stay in Passamaquoddy will be a pleasant one.

Just watch out for the Gogans!

Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment